Luther's small and large catechism, section on baptism.
Australian Lutheran College offers a publication online: The teaching and practice of baptism
This document provides answers to the questions
- What is baptism?
- What does God do for us in baptism?
- What makes baptism valid?
- Who can be baptised?
- Does the pastor have the final decision about who may be baptised?
- What are the requirements to be a baptismal sponsor?
- Why does the church baptise infants?
- What is the relationship between baptism and faith?
- Do Christians receive the Holy Spirit in baptism?
- What is the relationship between baptism and conversion?
- What is the connection between baptism and mission?
- What is the function of the Creed and the Lord's prayer in the baptismal rite?
- What ritual components can be added to emphasise the theology of baptism?
- What ritual components could be added to emphasise the celebratory character of baptism?
What are the essential components of the rite?
- What is an appropriate form of the renunciation and confession for young children who can speak for themselves?
- The location and use of the baptismal font.
- How should preparation and instruction for baptism occur?
- What preparation should occur with regard to infants and small children?
- What preparation should occur in the case of adults?
- How can congregations care for the baptised-immediate and long term?
- How can the church help people remember and commemorate their baptism, and live as baptised people?
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod offers a short biblical response why they baptise infants at http://www.wels.net/cgi-bin/site.pl?1518&cuTopic_topicID=53&cuItem_itemID=16061
Lutheran Church Missouri Synod offers a large section on Baptism...responding to many questions including why baptise infants?, History of infant baptism, etc..at http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=2590
Lutheran Renewal movement offers two publications. God's activity of Grace by Dr Morris Vaagenes and 'What about baptism?' by Larry Christenson visit http://www.lutheranrenewal.org/ and click on resources
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America offers this short article relating to baptism http://www.elca.org/What-We-Believe/New-or-Returning-to-Church/Dig-Deeper/Baptism-Lutheran-view.aspx
Luther Academy offers a book by David Scaer responding to many of the questions and issues that people have regarding baptism http://www.lutheracademy.com/baptism.htm
If you have any other resources either your own or those that you know of that you would like to share please feel free to email them to me