including lessons learnt for surviving and thriving-
Life-sustaining LessonsUnlike some of her offspring, the mother church adapted to new circumstances and, more than once, courageously made changes that have kept her alive. Life-sustaining lessons she has learned include:
· Member loyalty by itself cannot keep a church alive.
· Location isn’t everything, but it is a big thing.
· Maintaining adequate resources requires creativity.
· Without strong pastoral leadership decline accelerates
· Doing something—even if it seems wrong—is always better than doing nothing
· Not making choices almost never makes things easier or better
Read the whole article at http://www.jesusfirst.net/2005August04.htm
Book : Tales of Leviathian Church, 16 tales from the church
These 16 stories about true-to-life characters will provide life lessons while tugging at your heartstrings.