It's about heart change, not behaviour change.
That's the conviction of Tim Chester as he seeks to help everyday Christians "connect the truth about God with our Monday-morning struggles."
This interactive book, laid out in workbook fashion, is for newer Christians struggling with sin and for more mature Christians who have plateaued in their faith as they seek to find victory over sin.
With a conviction that sanctification is God's work and the journey to holiness is joyful, Chester guides readers through a "change project"-beginning with the selection of one area of life they would like to modify.
Each chapter includes a question (e.g., Why would you like to change? What truths do you need to turn to?) to guide readers as they deal with a specific sin or struggle, truths from God's word, and a reflection guide to help readers through their change project.
The book explores
- What would you like to change?
- Why would you like to change?
- How are you going to change?
- When do you struggle?
- What truths do you need to turn to?
- What desires do you need to turn from?
- What stops you from changing?
- What strategies will reinforce your faith and repentance?
- How can we support one another in changing?
- Are you ready for a lifetime of daily change?
Further details about the book