- Increase suicide prevention awareness within Lutheran churches/faith-based communities in order to reduce stigma and shame.
- Educate congregations and church leaders on appropriate actions to take to prevent suicide and to recover from a suicide death.
- Make suicide prevention and recovery important ongoing efforts of congregations with an emphasis on local faith-based communities, church leaders, support groups and educational and advocacy programs.
- Give voice to those who have lost family members or loved ones to suicide, as well as those who have acted on suicidal ideation.
- Build suicide prevention collaboration among Lutheran, full communion partners, and other faith-based communities.
There are a considerable number of resources for both the clergy and laity.
visit http://www.lutheransuicideprevention.org/index.php for more information.