The article discusses:
- How can small-membership churches move toward maximum effectiveness?
- Taking actions necessary to move past the three classic membership-plateaus.
- Fine-tune the worship service toward a format, style, and hymn selection that shows equal respect for the spiritual preferences of all four adult generations.
- Emphasize concern for children through community service ministries.
- Remove ministry inhibiting barriers in the church buildings.
- Increase the percentage of attendees who pray daily.